So what have I done since my last post?
- Worked on my dissertation - actually put in solid work-hours!
- Went out drinking for my birthday. Had a small meal as well with close friends.
- Read many books, watched much anime, seen lots of films.
- Bought all my Christmas presents at the Christmas Market
- Bought many custom dice
- Come back home for Christmas
- Had repetitive bouts of chronic back pain. (Have prescription painkillers for it) (Should really go and take some now)
- Created a talking chatbot somewhat representative of Jamie Gabbay
- Gone practically vegetarian at many points
- Listened to A Very Scary Solstice
- Gotten annoyed at the WGA strike meaning my TV watching habits have gone to pot. Not that I disagree with the strike, but I like my American TV…
- Done lots of lovely work at McDonald’s - especially with doing 11 and 12 hours shifts…
- Resisted the urge to buy lots of stuff from Liam’s
- Started doing Camarilla - or more to the point Changeling
- Also did the Cam Regionals as an NPC and played ghosts the entire time I was there
Also, anyone got a suggestion for a quote to go on my Gamers t-shirt?
Oh yes, and have yourselves a scary little solstice!
Yesterday (or the day before), I got mail from America - the ICHC buttons! They’re schweet!
Today, I got the Maelstrom mailshot through the mail (though it arrived in Shetland a while ago). It’s shiny and now I have less excuse to not play.
Today in Shetland, I got the second of my sets of the Star Wars: Legacy comics delivered (well ok, they arrived a while ago) (they sent two sets by accident and said to keep both sets! :)) as well as a letter from the Heriot-Watt Comp Sci dept.
Now I asked my mum to open it when I got home. Inside it contained one very important piece of news… I got into 4th Year!!! So so schweet…
Of course today had to have downsides as well. Yesterday I worked a 2-close (9 hour shift) and got asked to come in early today. (I was supposed to do another 2-close, but did a 12-close instead). I said ok since I wasn’t doing anything else today.
So first things first… 11-hour shift. I’m beat. Really really beat. I have been for the last 5 hours. I had trouble using a lobby-scoop earlier. Secondly, damn I get bitchy after working that long. Thirdly, ow my feet… really ow… and god the sweat…
Now it was my own fault, but I was up till like 2 last night. (But I did a lot of work on the Sapphire Court ley) And got up at 9. So so far, I’ve had a 15 and a half hour day, 10 of which was actual work plus an hours break on 7 hours of sleep. If it was a normal uni day, that wouldn’t faze me at all, but damn it’s hit me hard today.
And I start work at 11:45 tomorrow as well. And my uniforms are in the wash, so I’ll have to dry them in the morning. Yay..
But tomorrow, I should be finished by 8pm, so I may hit the pub, or the cinema, or both… Anyone doing anything specific tomorrow night?
Still have another 3 days of travelling ahead of me though.
Tomorrow morning, I head up to Aberdeen to get the ferry to Shetland overnight. Tuesday, I’ll be hanging around Shetland for about 12 hours before I get the ferry back and then Wednesday, I’m coming back down to Edinburgh again. I fully expect to get a phone call over the next few days wanting to know why I’m not at work…
But still, I enjoyed myself in a way at the Moot. It wasn’t exciting and it was boring most of the time, but there were the odd moments where things happened and I had fun. And, despite popular belief, I did not spend half the event OOC to avoid getting slotted. I went down to the Moot again in search of more entertaining events.
Xanthe survived and made some new acquaintances, though not as many as Mestari - I really need to play a character that gets involved in things like the guilds… Keitro wasn’t interested and Xanthe won’t acknowledge anyone as better than him.
I also played around with glamours Changing costume halfway through the day for teh win!
Have caught up on LJ and comics now. Only almost a weeks worth of LJ (180-ish posts) and 3 days of comics. Hopefully Doctor Who will finish downloading soon…