yodathedark: (sad bunny)
So, I feel like dropping some barriers.

And so, in recogition of this fact, I'm asking a favour. This isn't a meme - unless you make it one - but it is based on the general ideas of them.

So, to get to the point, would people mind doing the following?

First, tell me what name you think of me by. Second, tell me what I am to you - be it friend, family or something else. Thirdly, can you describe me or how you feel about me in as few or as many words as you like.

Then, optionally, I invite you to ask me a question. Any question you like. And I'll be as open and honest as I can be with the response. If you want to ask me more, then I won't mind too much.

This might be partially for my own sanity, and so I'd appreciate any responses.

Thanks.
- y.
yodathedark: (kira)
Simply put it comes down to this: have two characters die in spectacular fashion, but in different ways as a direct result of them dabbling with something they didn't understand. This was what happened at the Edinburgh Mortals game on Saturday.

The two characters in question had befriended a weird and creepy little doll-automaton they called Sally. Now Sally was a creation that horrified even its creator - causing him to run and hide. Not that they knew this. They uncovered Sally long after she had been abandoned.

And they made her family, at least of sorts.

Recently, an NPC group attacked the home where Sally was kept and "kidnapped" her. They forcibly removed the device that made her work and analysed it. The characters went on an quest to get her back. They got the body back and then they got the device back. With one of them losing a fair chunk of morality in the process.

They then attempted to put her back together. And when that didn't work tried adding blood. Still no effect, but they started tainting it and giving it an innate connection to them. One of them, being knowledgeable in such things, suggested investing a portion of will into the device. So they sacrificed first Willpower points, then a Dot.

And it worked, it came back to life. Except, they only had a 40% chance of it working the way they wanted. An additional 30% chance wasn't innately harmful. The last 30%, which is where they ended up, was malicious, harmful and ended up seriously injuring several characters, killing one directly and a second indirectly. The two that died are the two that brought it to life.

The other characters through a sheer force of effort and will managed to stop it - but it wouldn't have been possible within the time-frame they had had the first two not started the job.

But how the hell are they going to explain what happened to the freaked out TV crew, the ambulance men who turned up, the police...

What are they going to do with the remains of the Sally-thing? Will the opportunity for it to happen again be there, or will they try and destroy it?

Who knows? But they've had a lesson that things really aren't sweet and innocent in the World of Darkness.

June 2011

S M T W T F S
   1234
56 7891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 25th, 2017 08:35 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios